So, you invested in a brand new pair of amazing hearing devices — CONGRATULATIONS! We’re so thrilled for you to get out there and live your best life! Now, though, we have some important MUST DO items for you in order to experience hearing aid success.
Tips for Hearing Aid Success
Since you’ve already invested in high quality devices, hearing aid happiness is just around the corner! Follow these tips for complete and total hearing aid success.
- Learn how your hearing aids work. Spend some time with your audiologist, and really learn how hearing aids work. You’ll need to practice wearing your devices in various settings. Then, continue to follow up with your audiologist to adjust programming as needed. Additionally, if your devices pair with other wireless devices around your home, you will need to learn how to connect.
- Care for your hearing aids properly. It is positively vital to care for your hearing aids properly. Keep them dry in a dehumidifying case. And, make sure to keep your wax traps clear. Additionally, it is important to keep your devices in a safe place in order to avoid loss or damage. It’s true — caring for your devices properly will lead to hearing aid success.
- Keep extra batteries on hand. Make sure you have what you need on hand in order to maximize the use of your hearing devices. This will also insure your overall hearing success. Keep batteries in a central location in your home, and always keep a new pair on your person so you can change them as needed.
- Track your progress over time. Keep track of your progress by noting your events and your calendar. Notate how well you were able to hear in various situations. It takes time to adjust to new devices, and you WILL see progress. But, you need to track how your devices are serving you in order to experience hearing aid success.
- Trust the process. Give yourself time. Your hearing will not be perfect overnight, and that is OKAY! After you invest in devices, it will take some time to get used to the devices. And, your brain will need to adjust to the additional sounds and clarity you take in. Wear your hearing devices more and more, and wear them in a wide array of situations. And, do not get discouraged. Just keep going.
A Fabulous Partner in Hearing
At Decibels Audiology and Hearing Aid Center, we are committed to our patients’ satisfaction and hearing aid success. We want our patients to LOVE their devices. As such, it is vital for patients to commit to wearing their devices in a variety of situations AND coming in for adjustments as much as necessary. Our three convenient locations and amazing audiologists make hearing aid success convenient, too. So, if you have NOT yet experienced the magic of hearing devices, give us a call. We would love to be a part of your hearing device journey, and we want to welcome you into our community of patients in lovely Southwest Florida.
So, what are you waiting for? Experience hearing aid success as soon as possible! Schedule your FREE Hearing Aid Consultation today.