Do you really need a hearing test? Maybe your spouse or partner has been annoying you with incessant demands to get your hearing checked. Maybe you can hear everything — for real — but you’re having trouble understanding. Or, maybe your doctor has encouraged you to get a hearing test as part of your annual physical. BUT you still haven’t picked up the phone to make an appointment.
How Do I Know I Need a Really Hearing Test?
You’re avoiding scheduling your doctor-recommended hearing test. I understand, I really do. You have a lot on your plate. You don’t need yet another appointment. Your grandchildren are visiting next week. You have that golf tournament coming up. You need to wash your hair. And, you can’t forget to make that weekly paramount trip to Trader Joe’s. Moreover, you’ve embarked upon MISSION AVOIDANCE, and you’re committed. But, avoiding health issues doesn’t make them go away. So, here is an extremely friendly, simple test to find out if you REALLY need that hearing test.
- Are you over the age of 65?
- Did your doctor recommend a hearing test?
- Has your spouse mentioned (casually, of course) that you should get your hearing tested?
- Have you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, AND are you a man?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, you likely need a hearing test. About 1 in 3 adults over the age of 65 experiences some level of hearing loss. Additionally, did you know that men are twice as likely to experience hearing loss than women? And the percentages only increase as we age.
Reasons Why Hearing Tests Are Actually Fun
Now, I don’t really know about other area audiology practices. But, I do know a lot about hearing tests at Decibels Audiology and Hearing Aid Center. And, guess what? Hearing tests at Decibels are FUN. How, exactly, can a medical appointment possibly be fun?
- Your audiologist is fun. We only allow the most fun, fabulous and outstanding audiologists employment at our offices. You will enjoy these wonderful people who test your hearing, and you’ll have a good time.
- You will have access to unlimited free coffee, tea and fresh baked cookies. No, the cookies aren’t sugar free or gluten free or dairy free. We haven’t jumped on that bandwagon yet. Rather, they’ve got all the good stuff in them. And, moreover, they’re delicious.
- Our offices are happy places. You will be greeted at the door by a smiling, friendly face. You won’t be made to feel badly that you walked in and said hi and told the person at the front desk your name and appointment time.
- Your annual hearing test is free! Yes, you read that correctly: free hearing tests for everyone! It’s true: the best things in life are free! And, no, hearing tests aren’t free because your insurance pays for them. We actually give them out for free. Free=fun.
So, what are you waiting for? We gave you a simple test. We gave you all the reasons why hearing tests are fun and exciting and fabulous. Contact us today to get on our calendar, and stop avoiding your hearing health. No, hearing loss isn’t reversible. However, devices CAN help correct hearing loss when used properly. Get tested — you won’t regret it!